Sunday, May 4, 2014

another sporadic post

I've been working on the Block of the Month for Devine Quilters today. Apparently I'm on a modern quilt block kick this year.

I based my block on a quilt block in this book:



Tula Pink's City Sampler Quilts: 100 modern quilt blocks / by Tula Pink. If you click on the title it will take you to Amazon.

All the blocks in this book finish at 6.5 inches (.5 = seam allowance), but I promised everyone in the guild to stick to 12.5 inch blocks this year. Time to get out the graph paper! I made both to show folks at guild.

So here's a picture of the two blocks together:

Not to bad. The OCD part of me wants another row with the light print to close in the white. but I'll refrain *grin*

Note - yes I will be a good librarian and give credit to this book for being the basis of my pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment